[Healeys] Need BJ8 Parts

Rick Huber hubrick at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 11:17:45 MDT 2010

Hi Everybody,
I'm closing in on completing the restoration of my 64 BJ8 Phase I, but am
missing a few parts.  One I can't buy new, and the others I'd prefer
original parts instead of reproductions.

1.  Driver's side vent window frame - the large piece with the long leg that
sticks down into the door.  Mine is cracked, and it looks like it can't be
repaired. I tried having it brazed yesterday, but the brass brazing rod
won't stick permanently to the window frame.   Hoping somebody has a spare
that they're willing to part with. Alternatively, if anybody has an idea on
repairing it, that would be even better.
2.  Battery cut off switch and bracket.  I bought the car in boxes, and
these weren't in the boxes. I'd buy them new, but I've had bad luck with
many reproduction parts.

Cheers,
Rick Huber