[Healeys] Facebook, Healey List, and the Brave New World

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Tue Jul 20 22:27:53 MDT 2010

Editorgary at aol.com wrote:
> My point was that this list was created and is maintained at great effort
> to serve a one specific shared set of interests of a group of people

Gee, I appreciate folks who appreciate what it is I do behind
the scenes to keep Team.Net on the air.  I just wish more of them
would make use of the donate link below.  In truth the Healey
list members do provide generous support of the cause, I can't
complain.

I should probably spend some time digging through archives
and saved files and such and figure out when I split Healeys
off from the general British car list, just to see how long this
has been a stand alone list.  Team.Net has been around a LONG
time, based on computer years, much longer than Facebook,
Yahoo, Google, EBay, etc.  If I could have foreseen the future
and pushed you folks in the right direction I'd be a zillionaire
by now.  Oh well, so much for selfless service paying off.

I have promoted a bit of modernization, trying to get more folks
involved in http://www.team.net/forums - pictures, no message
size limits and quoting restrictions,  the pull vs. push approach
is easier on the server.  But folks here just don't want to change.
I guess if they wanted to modernize they wouldn't be driving a
Healey!

It has been over twenty years since I started doing this.  I wonder
if 20 years from now Facebook will be long forgotten and Team.Net
will still be doing something to keep the spirit alive.

mjb.