[Healeys] Facebook, Healey List, and the Brave New World

John Sims ahbn6 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 20 06:47:02 MDT 2010

While I do not access FB often,  I have found it invaluable in tracing
people. I have been tasked with finding "missing" classmates for our 55th
high school reunion and in the past year have found 14 of them who years ago
dropped out of sight. Some no longer with us but most still alive and
kicking. To paraphrase Joe Louis, - They can run but they can't hide. For
that purpose I like it. But also it emphasizes the fact that if you belong,
you are "out there" and anyone can find you even if you do not want to be
found.

I just do not have the time to sit on the computer all day and play the FB
games, enter meaningless stuff on the "wall" or other things like some
people. For some it is addictive like the ones that you see yakking
incessantly on a cell phone.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

http://www.healey6.com