[Healeys] Heater motor

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 00:43:12 MDT 2010

Herbert

In order to change the rotation of a non permanent magnet DC motor you
have to reverse the connections to either the field winding or the
armature. You might  find that the leads to the field winding are
accessible enough to re-route them.

This should be OK but the motor might not be quite so efficient because
sometimes the brush angle is set to be optimum in one direction.

I don't believe that rewinding the armature is a realistic suggestion.
However the field windings could be rewound in the opposite direction
but it is simpler just to reverse the leads.

Regards

--
John Harper