[Healeys] Clutch - stupid mistake??

Shop at " Just Brits " shop at justbrits.com
Sun Jul 11 12:39:15 MDT 2010

<< Not laughing. Been there done that. >>

Amen, Rick <G> !!!

<< We used to say there were. Two types of guys working on LBCs, those
that have installed a clutch backward and those that will. >>

And THAT is gospel !!!  And Paul, think of MY 'chances' as I work on all
sorts of LBCs, nor just Healeys !!!<G>

<< Yes you can put the disc in backwards and if you do the clutch won't
disengage. >>

Yep !!

<< Before you pull the trany is the there wear on the pedal or clutch lever
that is introducing slop into the system?  >>

And Paul, that STARTS with the Pedal Bushings, the 1st 'rod',
holes in the M/C Cyl. rod's 'fork', and so on.  NOT uncommon
to see Clevis Pins worn badly and/or the forks.

I HAVE seen pedals that have ovals in stead of ROUND holes,
Clevis Pins worn almost half-way thru and rods with worn
ends.

So like Rick said, check-out the entire mechanical linkage
BEFORE pulling the tranny.  And if you DO have to pull it,
check out the bell housing clutch fork AND it's bushes  and
shaft !!!

Ed
Please visit MY site at:
www.justbrits.com
[with LOTS of 1st time offers for Listers in the
For Sale areas which ARE soon to go to fleabay -:(.]
[and MOST is for Big Healey folks<G>]