[Healeys] 100M?

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Jul 11 06:43:04 MDT 2010

Since you stirred the pot ...

re:
"One thing I believe that has been missed. BN2 100Ms only differ from a
standard BN2 by engine modifications, louvred bonnet and strap,  a two
tone paint job and little else.

Le Mans kits for BN1s had a much longer and largely different list of
features. "

 From my AHCUSA "2009 Resource Book"

"The principle elements of the kits were:

- Twin 1 3/4-inch H6 SU carburetors
- Aluminum intake manifolds
- Carburetor cold air box and special air tube
- High-lift camshaft
- Distributor with modified automatic advance curve
- Steel-faced cylinder head gasket
- Valve spring, cups and seats; various gaskets and hardware"

The factory 100M--1159 built, 640 documented--"were also fitted with:

- 8.1:1 high compression pistons
- Race-type anti-roll bar (1/2-inch)
- Louvered bonnet and Le Mans regulation leather bonnet strap
- Two-tone paint (in most cases)"

The part number of the kit was P.280 sold beginning in late 1953.  The
kit resulted in a (dyno'd) 102 bhp, the high compression pistons brought
the power up to 110 bhp.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net