[Healeys] Loss of power

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 01:32:40 MDT 2010

On your BN2, the fuel pump is right over the rear exhaust pipe.  That
means when it gets hot outside you're going to get vapor lock, causing
your exact symptoms.  The car recovers after the exhaust pipe cools
down and stops vaporizing fuel in the lines in and out of the pump.

Your pump should have a rubber insulator around it - that helps.  To
get rid of the problem, I just wrapped my BN1's exhaust pipe under the
pump with header tape, it fixed that problem permanently.

Alan

--
Sent from my mobile device