[Healeys] BJ8 trans oil capacity

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri Jul 9 13:14:04 MDT 2010

Hi, Joe -

I've found that 3 U. S. quarts (6 U.S. pints) fills the gearbox just to the
HIGH mark after I have drained both overdrive and gearbox.  I imagine that
once the overdrive is cycled the level on the gearbox dipstick will come
down a bit and allow for thermal expansion of the oil to the HIGH mark.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA