[Healeys] When is a Tiger not a Tiger (was: H-BT7-L/6722CLARIFICATION)

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun Jan 31 12:43:01 MST 2010

John, as soon as I hit the SEND button it occurred to me that I was going to
hear from you.  Yes, my comments applied only to the USA registries begun by
the AHCA in the mid-'80s.  I have personal knowledge of how they were 15
years ago, but do not have any knowledge of the UK registers, beyond a
little bit about the 3000 register.  I apologize to you and Mell for
ignoring you guys in my comments.

It is devoutly to be wished that someday we can integrate our databases and
come up with a single model register that has all of the information
available on a given car and its ownership history.  As it is, the "privacy"
issue is such a big hindrance to complete sharing of information among the
registries, and my personal feeling is that the Healey community suffers
because of it.  But what can you do about the law?

Cheers!
Steve