[Healeys] When is a Tiger not a Tiger (was: H-BT7-L/6722 CLARIFICATION)

Mike Brouillette m.brouillette at comcast.net
Sun Jan 31 06:59:38 MST 2010

  I'm sorry, but isn't a valid question being asked?  When is a rebuilt Austin
Healey able to take the identity of another Austin Healey valid?   That also
leads to the stories of some 100S, if a couple parts of car X is used to build
car Y can the car owner now reregister his car as car Y?   Or like the Sunbeam
Tiger guys who deal with folks who convert an Alpine to a Tiger.  Dropping in
a period correct engine from a totaled car and other legitimate Tiger parts
doesn't make it a Tiger.  Ok, your car may stay in the family for some period,
but will most probably get sold to someone out here in the automotive world.
I'll tell you that, as an example, if I ever found out my 1959 BT7 was really
a BN4, a lawsuit would occur...

Mike Brouillette
Bedford, NH
1959 BT7