[Healeys] Fwd: Fwd: Healey and USAA Insurance

Joan E. Jacoby jacobyji at comcast.net
Sat Jan 30 19:19:04 MST 2010

jacobyji at comcast.net
301-593-2251
202-258-9742 cell

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Joan Jacoby
To: jacobyji at comcast.net
Sent: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 02:16:11 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Fwd: Healey and USAA Insurance

Joan Jacoby

jacobyji at verizon.net
301-593-2251
202-258-9742 cell

------------ Forwarded message ------------
From: Joan Jacoby <jacobyji at verizon.net>
Date: Jan 30, 2010
Subject: Healey and USAA Insurance
To: healeys at autox.team.net

Admittedly a sample of one, but I have been a USAA insured for decades. They have always covered all my cars including my 1966 BJ8. I have no complaints.
In 2006 my Healey suffered about $5,500 in damages to the left (drivers) front fender, headlamps, bumper and grille. USAA sent an appraiser, as requested, who fortunately knew and loved classic cars. He appraised the car between $45K to $60K and ok'd the repair estimate. When there was additional shipping cost for parts from England, he got special authorization for them to be included as well. I couldn't be more satisfied once I got past the telphone intake clerk who said"That old! Well, we'll probably total it." BTW the car is not insured as an antique or historic, just an ordinary driveable policy with full coverage.

Joan Jacoby

jacobyji at verizon.net