[Healeys] USAA Insurance

bighealey3k at aim.com bighealey3k at aim.com
Fri Jan 29 19:38:55 MST 2010

Don't forget the previouse post from "Dana Westfall 'dwestfa at yahoo.com' today
at 2:47 pm.

For those interested, I wanted to share a positive experience with Chubb
Collector Car Insurance.  I was able to get a Agreed Value policy at $80K
with
500K in liability coverage for about $525/yr.  Aside from the price, which
was
better than others (for example, Hagerty was $706), I went with Chubb for a
few reasons:

1.  My car is under restoration and they still are covering me
for the full amount. (others wouldn't)
2.  We live in a city so my wife and I
have just one primary use vehicle, that was okay.  (others require a primary
use vehicle for each person)
3.  They are very flexible about pleasure use
driving.  (others have mileage restrictions and requirements about being in a
parade or at a club event).  I specifically mentioned use of the vehicle as a
backup for errands, going to the gym, to dinner, etc.,and it wasn't an issue.
Their customer service was excellent and I completed the process with just a
few emails.  I can't vouch for their claims service and hopefully I'll never
have to.  I have no financial interest, just thought there might be others in
a similar situation as me.  The website is:
https://www.chubb.com/chubbcollectorcar/index.htm

Regards,
Dana
Chicago, IL
'65 BJ8 (restoration to be complete by Conclave)