[Healeys] a shroud repair question

Ray Juncal healeyray at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 22:58:01 MST 2010

Roland
   The front shroud I got from you had some pretty serious problems in the
corners of the hood / bonnet, well beyond micro cracks.  It was gas welded and
hammered back into shape.  It only took a very thin coat of glazing putty to
block out a near perfect surface.  I vote for the gas weld and hammer method
that way it's one solid piece of aluminum and the heat stress is relieved and
less likely to crack again in the future.
   It will be interesting to see what other opinions are expressed.
Regards
Ray Juncal