[Healeys] Healey value

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Tue Jan 26 16:42:14 MST 2010

Don't think the value fluctuation will effect the availability of parts and services too much, as most owners, as reflected in many of the comments here, are in it for the enjoyment of the car and not as a business, if recouping the cost of the resto drove the industry we would be in trouble, but I think it is pretty clear that is not the case (see also: number of parts and services available for the MGB).

Certainly if the value of the cars dropped to zero it would probably make a difference but I suspect most of us would end up doing the same things and pretty much spending the same money on our cars regardless of whether the end product is worth $50,000 or $100,000.

The market fluctuations will effect the Curt Tanners of the car world much more than the average Joe enthusiast.

Cars that have done well in this market, microcars, still seem to be pretty hot, and actually Triumphs (esp. TR2-TR250 and the once lowly (in price) GT6) seem to be holding their value or rising.

Greg Lemon