[Healeys] Headlamp wiring

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri Jan 22 19:53:26 MST 2010

Hi, Simon -
Confirming:
Blue with Red = dipped (lo) beam
Blue with White = main (hi) beam
Black = earth (ground)

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Simon Lachlan
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 6:40 PM
To: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Headlamp wiring

Could someone please tell me which wire is which regarding the three wires
that go to the headlights. These are black, blue with red tracer & blue with
white tracer.
>From the fact that the blue with white seems to go, via the dip switch, to
the main beam warning light in the speedo I guess I'm safe with the
following:-??
Blue with red = dipped beam
Blue with white = main beam
Black = earth
However, if I buy and wire in a halogen conversion I'd not like to see my
presumption go up in a pff of smoke and my loom with it! Can someone
confirm. The wiring diagram in the manual is not 100% idiot proof in this
instance.
Simon