[Healeys] CA Listers.

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 18 14:54:16 MST 2010

Bill B. et al:  I do not have anything else to report at this time regarding
California and speed cameras.  However, there are web sites and blogs out
there that address this, and other, problems.

I'm sure some of you have heard about this as reported in The Washington
Post:

"Looking at Anssi Vanjoki's speeding ticket, many Finns are wondering
whether their egalitarian spirit has pushed them over the edge.

True, Vanjoki was doing 46.5 mph in a 30-mph zone. But $103,000?

The reason the penalty was so harsh is that traffic fines in Finland are
based not just on the severity of the offense, but also on the offender's
income. Vanjoki is a senior executive of Nokia, the world's largest
cell-phone maker, and his fine was assessed on a 1999 income of $5.2
million.

A court later slashed it to $5,245, but not before Finns flew into a
rage..... "

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031