[Healeys] Changing the thermostat

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Jan 16 06:42:36 MST 2010

There is supposed to be a ring-shaped gasket that goes under the thermo, in addition to the 'regular' gasket that seals
the housing.  Don't know if it's actually necessary--diagram shows it with a bellows-type type thermo--but it's in the
parts books.  Moss part# 296-300.   Put some anti-seize on the studs so it's an easier job next time.

Don't be surprised if the car doesn't run much hotter.  My BJ8 with a 180deg thermo stays below 180 on cold days--50degF
or so--here in the Bay Area.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net