[Healeys] Gearbox gears

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 06:27:15 MST 2010

Mitch -

Just make sure you match the numbers/gears in sets because if you mix
gears and a laygear from a different model - poof!

Generally speaking I think the gear sets out of a plane jane non-OD
gearbox is preferred for even spacing and taller ratios - good for the
highway if used with an OD.

Earlier gearboxes also tended to have more evenly matched ratios vs
later gearboxes, esp. between second and third gear.

Alan

--
Sent from my mobile device

Alan