[Healeys] King Pin with needle bearings

AlanB bluehealey at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 13 02:27:42 MST 2010

Hi Simon.
Do it!! It makes such a difference.
It's a simple enough job.  Put a jack under the kingpin to keep the spring
compressed. Remove the kingpin top nut and then the trunnion through bolt.
The trunnion lifts off the kingpin releasing the oilite assembly.  Replace
with the radial bearing and shim to a running clearance. Stuff grease in
there before finally re-assembling.
Get the bearing from Cape NOT AHSpares. The AHSpares one is too thick and
leaves no space for shimming the clearance correctly.  I haven't tried the
Ahead4Healeys offering as they didn't exist when I did mine, but if I did it
again I would go to AH4H first - they are the best (IMHO).

Blatant plug I know but they deserve it. %^)