[Healeys] Longbridge Parts Needed

Joe and Lenore Armour sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Tue Jan 5 02:21:02 MST 2010

Quinn, Patrick wrote:

>G'day Rich
>
>The lockable handle was also fitted to driver's side front door of the Jowett
>Javelin. (It's has the lever facing towards the rear.)

I once had the need to replace my lockable BN.4 doorhandle and sourced a
Javlin handle on  the advice of the wise ones BUT there arte minor
differences. The main one being that the rear facing end of the Javelin
handle is cut off at a single 45 degree angle, unlike the Healey handles
which have an angled end from top & bottom meeting at the long point in
the middle of the handle.
My solution in 1968  when bright bits were not available in Australia
was to hand file one from a solid, square brass bar.  NOT BLOODY EASY
and not to be recommended, but at the time!!!!

It was worth it in the end because when I was trading it in on another
car the then Australian Touring Champion ( GTA Mustang) offered me an
extra $100 bucks because the door locked.  He had previously owned a
black 100

Joe