[Healeys] difficulties installing front tube shocks

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Tue Feb 23 13:46:52 MST 2010

Alan,
Have you personally experienced difficulty installing a Putzke kit on an undamaged car?

I've installed a couple of these kits and wonder if there would be any problem installing the fronts unless the towers were tweaked, in which case the stock shocks would have had the holes enlarged or distorted to accommodate the angled bolt.

The koni and Putzke front kits both require long bolts through a top piece where the holes are the same distance apart as on the stock lever shock. Therefore if the shock tower is bent and the bolts are not parallel there would be a problem necessitating repair of the shock tower before installation.

Just curious.

--
Steve Gerow
BN6 with tube shocks