[Healeys] Tube shocks comments

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Mon Feb 22 15:43:20 MST 2010

I've helped install two Putzke kits on club members' cars and they fit really well and are easy to install as long as your front shock tower threads are OK.

I bought the rear shock kit from Cape several years ago and at least on the 2-seaters they did not fit properly. The shocks didn't extend far enough so the lower mounts bent up and the right side broke off. I'm in the process of fitting longer SPAX shocks with lower mounts of my own design and will have pix on my web gallery when they're done.

I sent Cape an email about this situation and they were unresponsive.

--
Steve Gerow
BN6