[Healeys] Tonneau Support Bar, BT7

Mark LaPierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 20 16:23:42 MST 2010

I have an MGB Tonneau Bar that I am converting to use with my 1960 BT7
Healey.  It fits in the bar holes perfectly after cutting off the tabs,  but
sits much too high.  Could some one give me a measurement from the floor up to
the bar when it is installed.  I need to cut the legs of the bar so it sits at
the right height and since I have never used a Healey tonneau cover or seen
one installed at face value, I am clueless as to how high the bar should sit
in the holes.  If there is another measurement that would work better send it
along.

Also, this bar has a slight bow to it.  If the Healey had a bow did it face
forward or rearward or was it perfectly straight in all directions?

Thanks,  Mark