[Healeys] British Wire Wheel/Credit Cards

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Mon Feb 15 17:47:47 MST 2010

Motels and hotels often charge your credit card when you make reservations, way before you actually stay there.  In my strange reasoning ability, I see this as the same thing.

BTW, what is the issue with British Wire Wheels?  I have been off line for a month and haven't caught up with the news----yes--Ed--I know--check the archives:)  VBG

---- Jack Feldman <qualitas.jack at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Couldn't figure out who sent the email about losing his credit card deposit.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING!

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe it is illegal to charge a credit card for
undelivered goods. I have used my credit card as a deposit with the
understanding that the charge will not go in until the goods or service is
delivered. If British Wire Wheel charged your card as a deposit you just
have to call you card company and they will take care of it.

BTW, I don't remember reading any article about buying on eBay that doesn't
recommend paying by credit card. eBay and PayPal are notorious for non
communication. If you have paid by credit card the company is on your side
and you don't have to bother with the convoluted and obscure system of
getting your money back through them.

Jack
Healeys at autox.team.net