[Healeys] making waxoyl

pennell at cox.net pennell at cox.net
Sun Feb 14 10:39:46 MST 2010

John and all,

I used the commercialy available stuff on my  BN7 when doing the resto.  Since
I had damaged bracket areas on the front of the main rails (and had to
replace) and also replaced the inner sills, I did a treatment.  Thought you
might benefit from my technique so here it is.

First I used a 14 or so foot long pipe, split it for about 1-2 inches on one
end, and bent the pieces back to form a crude scraping tool.    Got out a
moderate amount of crud.  Then flushed out the rest with water hose with car
set on a severe angle.  Allowed to dry for a couple days.

I scavenged the spray tip from a 1 or 2 gallon spray insecticide container.
Attached it to a 12ft or so length of rubber hose.  Worked the hose/tip all
the way into the rails.  Keeping the Waxoyl warmed on the stove is a must for
good flow.  After adding the product to the spray container you just spray as
you withdraw the tube.  Repeat a time or two.

How well did it cover?  Who knows.  Some product did come out a couple of the
seams and holes but somewhere up in there is a gallon of Waxoyl!!!

Keith Pennell