[Healeys] BJ7 Top and interior.

Jean Caron vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 13 16:01:00 MST 2010

Frank:

The trim(weatherstripping) on a BJ7 goes from the top edge of the posts down
to the fender line and a separate peice of about four inches in length
attaches to the lip of the fender. These two separate pieces are fawn in
colour. I do not believe the original material is still available but a
close/acceptable trim is available from MacGregor British Car Parts and
originally it was riveted to the windshield posts but the new stuff holds very
well without being riveted.

The other weatherstripping starts where the weatherstrip of the door finishes
and goes all the way to the top of the rear panel for about two inches and is
finished with a metal clip, it is, in your case dark blue in colour, again
available from the same source as above.

As for the top there are two different tops with the BJ7, the early top has
two fasteners holding the rear window and the later one has a zipper much like
the BJ8, I will send you a separate e-mail that describe how to install the
top with illustrations.

The packing pieces are made of wood, about 1/4" thick and are mounted against
the metal plate that is against the tarpaper on the floor. Your carpet is cut
around the packing pieces, it does not go underneath.

Jean Caron