[Healeys] Original Streamliner

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 18:39:41 MST 2010

Patrick -

First things first, I don't think Carroll Shelby would agree to the
Car Brand "Austin-Ford-Healey-Shelby"  and even if he did the bonnet
badge-wing would have to have been increased in width another 4 inches
to accommodate the name.  Then they would have put the Cobra in the
middle of the badge, so the Cobra would look like it had wings, which
meant that the bonnet badge would have been 15 inches wide and looking
like a Pterodactyl.

After some sales success I'm sure Shelby would insist on changing the
name of the company to the "Shelby-Healey-Austin-Ford Transport
Company" or SHAFT for short, then they could reduce the width of the
bonnet badge back to normal width.  Yes, that would have been great to
keep the marque successful through at least the mid 70's, no?

oh by the way, for the benefit of you being upside down in Australia,
let me re-pen the above as follows:

B?ou `s,0c% pD1I/ G
I%J JsIG
l JI I%FnoI9I%J lnIssG
IIns G
nbI9II/ G
I%J dG
 oJ JIG
I9F
uG
q G
JII% plnoJ
 JII%J `sG
J  KI%JpD1J
 lII/I9ou oJ J
IIq G
FpIq JG
uuoq G
I%J Io
I%JpD1J
I%J G
InpG
I9 plnoI JG
I%J uG
I%J `JI9oI%s I9oI JIII%s I9o ,,JuIdI/oI
JI9odsuII9J pI9oI-uD1JsnI-JG
lIG
I%-JqlG
I%s,, G
I%J oJ JuIdI/oI G
I%J Io G
I/Iu G
I%J
FuD1FuII%I uo JsD1suD1 plnoJ
 JqlG
I%s G
I9ns I/,D1 ssG
IIns sG
lIs G
I/os I9G
JII

  KlJJIIpoI9G
Jd I G
D1l FuD1J
ool puI G
pD1J
 sG
I%IuD1 ^b uG
q G
JII% plnoJ
FpIq
JG
uuoq G
I%J JII%J JuIG
I/ I%ID1I%J
 `sFuD1J
 pII% JD1 G
D1l J
ool plnoJ
 II9qoI G
I%J os
`G
FpIq G
I%J Io G
lppD1I/ G
I%J uD1 II9qoI G
I%J Jnd G
JII% plnoJ
 JG
I%J uG
I%J  KG
I/Iu
I%J G
JIpoI/I/oIII oJ sG
I%IuD1 c# I9G
I%JouI I%JpD1J
 uD1 pG
sIG
I9IuD1 uG
q G
JII% oJ
JII% plnoJ
 FuD1J
-G
FpIq JG
uuoq G
I%J pD1p G
I% ID1 uG
JG
 puI
,,JqlG
I%s-JG
lIG
I%-pI9oI-uD1JsnI,, puII9q I9II G
I%J oJ G
I9FI plnoJ
 JqlG
I%s
lloI9I9II J
uD1I%J J,uop D1 `JsI9D1I sFuD1I%J JsI9D1I

- J
ID1I9JId

Alan

'52 A90