[Healeys] Red DON (DON 799)

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Thu Feb 11 10:11:02 MST 2010

For those who were following the Blue Don/Red Don discussion, I made an allusion
to one of the Don cars being used by the Morleys :

>From the fascinating "Healeys meet Le Mans" pages, this is Red DON (DON 799) in
the Alps on the 1961 Alpine Rally

http://www.healeymeetslemans.nl/home.php?nb=his_fot&pagenr=32&alb=historie&img=2976&view=1

I was wrong about the Morleys,it was just a bunch of journos, but...

A **VERY** interesting NOTE:

The same photo is reproduced in HervC) Chevalier's "Les Healey dans les Alpes"
1947-1967 Tome 2 Editions Barthelemy ISBN 2-912838-15-0 (2001) EXCEPT THAT
**there** it carries rally plates. The only conclusion would appear to be that
one has been ammended. I tend to the suggestion that either (i) there were a
series of photos of the same (exact) stretch of hairpin taken with the same car
and without plates or (ii) that the plates were removed in "photoshopping". I am
sure that no one did this deliberately but that it happened some time between
1961 and today.

Peter Dzwig