[Healeys] Word Games, Italian Style

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Tue Feb 9 22:14:18 MST 2010

In a message dated 2/9/10 5:20:54 PM, glemon at neb.rr.com writes:

> but as Gerry Coker stated (if I recall correctly) he wanted to create
> something all its own, and so he did, a timeless design, but you see
> something akin to the Barchetta in some of the side and back views.

Even more specifically than that, Gerry always says that he was much very
influenced by the Italian designers, and when some senior journalist at the
Earls Court show said, within earshot of Gerry, that the Healey 100 must have
been designed by an Italian, Gerry took that as the highest possible
compliment for his design.
Gary