[Healeys] Crosley Hotshot

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 20:55:53 MST 2010

Doug -

The Crosley Hotshot was just about the crappiest car ever made.  It
had this insane motor which was stamped out of sheetmetal, which made
it difficult to repair and didn't last long, and the water jacket was
prone to rust through in short order.  I think it came in a kit and
you put it together like an IKEA closet.

It handled poorly and had rotten performance, and sorry, have to
disagree with you, it was just about the ugliest version of a bugeye
you can think of.  Just becaus a Pontiac Fiero looks kinda like a
Lamborghini Jalpa doesn't mean they looked the same....

There's a picture somewhere on the internet of Frank Lloyd Wright on
an estate driving around with his wife in a couple of Crosley
Hotshots, that picture reduced my respect for the man about 10 pts,
unfortunately.

Hope there aren't any Hotshot owners on the list!

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'59 Jag Mk IX