[Healeys] Word Games

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Sat Feb 6 14:33:58 MST 2010

In a message dated 2/6/10 12:54:07 PM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> I have the original tonneau for my car.  At first it wouldn't stretch
> enough to fit.

In the continuing pursuit of literary precision, and in the spirit of those
who corrected the use of "concours" a few weeks ago, I would point out that
a "tonneau" (pronounced to rhym with on-oh, not canoe or un-oh) is the
stowave box behind the seat on an open single seat buggy, and by extension the
area between the front seats and the rear shroud on an open car, which may or
not have any provisions for seating.
The soft trim piece that is used to cover it is a tonneau cover.

Just thought you'd want to know that.
Gary