[Healeys] BJ7 brakes, front suspension

Robert Bender rbender9 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 27 19:38:43 MST 2010

I'm in the process of rebuilding the front suspension of my BJ7, and I would
like to know if anyone has any recommendations for high temp caliper/disk
paint that will hold up?

On a side note, I was surprised to find that the lower trunnion's fulcrum pin
is designed so that the threads (3/4-12) act as the bearing surface as the
lower links rotate, and that the cork washers compress and expand with each
bump in the road.  Not what I expected, though it seems to work just fine.

Last, I am wondering why there is a blind hole drilled into the back side of
the swivel axel, and what is the purpose of the two through holes on either
side of it.
Bob