[Healeys] 2.6 engine rebuild

Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com
Mon Dec 20 23:51:47 MST 2010

Ira,
here in continental Europe we can realise its going different to your opinion.
A 100/6 is more worth with an original 2.6 engine, than with a 2.9 engine.
Also owners go back to drum brakes in the front as they give the 100/6 appeal.
The wrong 26H engine number would not bother me too much, as this is
interchangeable like a cylinder head. Its more important the engine is done by
a reputable engine rebuilder and this can be prooved by invoices. And the body
and professional paintwork is well done with even gaps at the doors and lids.
So we do not care that much about Concours features like painting engine all
over or using the old original bolts and fasteners.  Using stainless bolts or
a stainless exhaust is fully acceptable. Also many go with the Sonnenland top
material as used with modern convertibles instead of the everflex.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----