[Healeys] BN1 speedo

Reinhart Rosner reinhart.rosner at aon.at
Sun Dec 19 05:39:08 MST 2010

Hi Peter,

When driving home from a vintage car event last autumn I had a similar
experience. I reduced the speed and the speedo showed an increase and little
later went the wrong way round to 0 again.

To avoid possible damage I stopped and disconnected the speedo cable. At
home I took the speedo out of the car and with a screwdriver it moved as it
should. Then I took out the t-piece for my Halda Twinmaster, reconnected the
speedo cable directly and it did work again.

When I took out the Halda t-piece and checked it, it was full with totally
stiff grease. Kind of a miracle that this did not happen during the rally.

Cheers

Reinhart

Reinhart Rosner
55 100-4 BN1