[Healeys] Healey goes home

Rick Huber hubrick at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 16:45:17 MST 2010

Hi Jerry, Mel, Jaap, Herb, Greg,
I'm on the digest, so just seeing all of your feedback.

Appreciate the comments on the car.  It was originally Ivory White, but I
needed a little more color, and with my favorite one being blue, I had to go
with Healey Blue coves with blue interior and top. Distinctive color combo
for sure.  I only found 7 BJ8's with that color combination when I searched
Steve's registry files a couple years ago when I decided what color to paint
mine.

Jerry - I hand painted the x brace silver to match the aluminum air
conditioning condenser, so when you look through the grill, the x brace
disappears into the condenser, I believe the factory's intention with black
in front of the black radiator.

Mel - seat doesn't go any farther back because of the panel around the
convertible top attaching pad.  Too bad, I'm feeling quite close to the
dash.  Good eye with the 7/8" rubber grommet in the hole where the antenna
used to be. We cut 2" out of the foam before putting the seat together to
lower my eyes below the windshield frame. I'm 6'2" and it works great,
although the seat is a little hard.  Should have done the holes too.

Jaap - very nice pictures of your car.  Mine started out completely
disassembled for 15 years, but fortunately dipped and primed, so not as
rusty.  I hear your advice loud and clear - I'll definitely read, study,
talk, measure, measure, and trial fit before I decide to use razor blades,
glue, and tacks.

Herb,
Forgot about the Moss video.  Knew they had it for MGBs, have seen it, but
didn't think about Healeys.  However, now with everything done but the top,
not good value for money, but I'll check with local contacts to see if they
have a copy I can look at.

Greg,
Thanks for the accolades, but I'll have to give credit to Peter Brauen of
BMC Restorations in Kiln, MS.  He's the real craftsman, I'm just the helper
and learner.

Cheers,
Rick
64 BJ8 Phase I