[Healeys] Oil in the water cooling system

Jim Wojcik jvwojcik at comcast.net
Sat Dec 11 12:34:23 MST 2010

Hi Dirk and Josef. I suffered from this in my BN7 for a number of years,
tried head gaskets, etc.,  and then did the SC kit in the first rebuild of
the engine, in 2000. It didn't help, but then, nothing about that rebuild
was right. After finding my heart for the fight again, I pulled the engine
another time, and took it to a better engine rebuilder. This shop did
everything differently, really understood the engineering process, and the
results have been terrific. The oil in coolant problem was fixed with a
concrete-like product that the builder, Guy Henson, carefully flowed into
the area he calculated was the source of this porosity. Bingo. I have
watched the coolant carefully for 8 years and about 12K miles  without a
problem. You can find Guy at http://www.dgmotors.biz/default.htm

I love these fellows. Jim Wojcik, BN7 Minnesota