[Healeys] Healey goes home

Jaap Aeckerlin j.aeckerlin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 08:12:55 MST 2010

Rick,
Take an advice from a guy who intended to do the same on his BJ8: don't do
it! Take your car to a pro, and let him both supply the soft top and fit it.
Your car is looking so beautiful, it would be a pity to spoil it with a
clear I-tried-to-do-it-myself-but-in-hindsight-I-shouldn't-have-done-that
top with wrinkles, leaking like hell when in a unexpected rain burst.
I've done a lot of work myself in a 7 year long reconstruction period, but
among other jobs fitting the soft top (and also fitting the upholstery to
the seats) I left to people who are familiar with the tricks of the trade.
Again, it would be a pity for a car looking so great!
Have a look at picasaweb.google.nl/j.aeckerlin to see what pro's do with a
good soft top.
Good luck!
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432

2010/12/11 Rick Huber <hubrick at gmail.com>

> Hello Healey listers,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some detailed