[Healeys] Oil in the water cooling system

joe mulqueen joemulqueen at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 23:23:44 MST 2010

Hello,
I have my engine sitting in the garage waiting for me to rebuild it this
Spring.  When I popped out the core plugs I found nearly 1/2" of rusty "dirt"
in the water jacket.  The block is all standard but the bores are worn.  Are
there any visual clues as to whether or not to sleeve the oil gallery - even
if it passes a pressure test?  The last thing I would want after a restoration
would be to find oil traces in the coolant.
Thanks for any advice,
Joe M
'60 BT7 Project
Santa Clara, CA