[Healeys] AH Factory hardtops

S and T Miller stmiller96 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 5 09:26:51 MST 2010

Thanks to all that gave input to my question- "are factory hardtop serial
numbers recorded on the Hert. Cert."
>From what I gathered if they were fitted at the factory it listed "HT" for
hardtop and the color of the hardtop.  Some were also fitted by dealerships
and maybe some by owners?
I received a few e-mails asking me where the serial number is stamped.
Thought I would share with the group.  The alum trim is stamped in the
passenger door window area/ top.  So sit in the passenger seat and look up.
It maybe partially covered by the door seal.
My one hardtop is stamped 4/259144 (four seater/ Feb., 1959, serial number
144).  My other is stamped 0633743 - this one is confusing??
I sent my 1959 hardtop info to Rudy Streng for the BN4 registry.
Maybe a factory hardtop registry is in order?  Wonder how many were made/
are?

The Millers
"British Car Nuts"

1957 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 35299

1959 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 77219

1964 MGB 40841

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite AN5 34351

"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test
drive."