[Healeys] front end removal problem

Rich Chrysler richchrysler at quickclic.net
Fri Dec 3 10:23:23 MST 2010

Gergo,

There was a black caulking type of substance applied to the top edge of the
under scuttle steel to attempt to effect an air tight seal when the shroud
was installed. If it's still the original stuff, a careful but steady
pressure applied to the left and right edges adjacent to the firewall will
eventually pop the shroud free. DO NOT pull from the front of the car or
you'll cause a very substantial fold in the metal long before it lets go.
I've never had to resort to heat, but the steady firm pressure (not beating
or hitting) will cause it to let go without damage. I usually use a block of
wood along the under edge of the shroud with firm upward levering pressure
off the top of the A post supporting gusset panel.

Rich