[Healeys] just wondering

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 18:00:43 MST 2010

Ira,
I have the Denis Welch 85mm cosworth pistons in my BJ8. That's approx
65 thou oversize
Many healeys in Australia have Volvo pistons to get 3.3 litres ie well
over 120 thou oversize.
I used to have a Sprite with Hillman imp pistons - again well over 120
thou oversize.
BMC blocks have quite thick walls.
If your block is at 40 thou, don't worry, it has plenty of birthdays
left...
;-)
chris

Sent from my iPhone