[Healeys] Fx4D = Bighealey? A90 Atlantic drums on a BN1

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 08:03:19 MST 2010

Alan

Resent because the original bounced because I used an unrecognised
'From' address

Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:18:10 +0000
To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut at gmail.com>
Cc: Austin Healey <pajtamuvek at gmail.com>, healeys at autox.team.net
From: John Harper <john at jharper.demon.co.uk>
Subject: [Healeys] Fx4D = Bighealey?  A90 Atlantic drums on a BN1

Alan

I am not aware of anybody previously have done this and would like to
know more. I am doing this but I have had to have made special front
hubs to that the spokes clear the 2 1/4" drums and fit spacer rings
behind the rear hub extensions.

The reason is that the car originally had 1 3/4" alfin drums that were
corroded and looked unsafe. Perhaps unjustified but I did not feel that
the new alfins available were safe either. In any case they were very
expensive.

Everything now fits together and looks OK but I have to admit that I
have yet to road test this set up because the rest of the car is not
quite ready.

If you know anybody else who has carried out this conversion I would
like to make contact.

Regards

--
John Harper