[Healeys] Clutch question

mark buggy mbuggy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 13:38:10 MDT 2010

My short BJ8 hydraulic clutch story:
1. Leaking clutch slave hose - I pulled and replaced, and bled clutch
2. New slave hose pressurized old slave cylinder and caused it to leak - I
pulled and rebuilt, replaced, and bled clutch
3. New slave hose and new slave cylinder caused old master cylinder to leak
- I pulled and rebuilt and replaced, and bled clutch

Also i can't help but to add this separate advice.  Buy a new flexible oil
line that connects the engine to the oil pressure guage.  Moss part
number 021-711.
$16.  A while back I found mine needing replacing after i pulled into my
driveway and saw a line of oil in the street trailing me into my driveway.
Easy replacement, takes about 15-30 min depending on beer or not.

Mark
'67 BJ8