[Healeys] more heat-related -- BN1 heat shield

Carr&Edwards scvc70 at epix.net
Thu Aug 26 15:27:21 MDT 2010

A different heat-related question:

Has anyone made and installed one of the oversized BN1/BN2 heat shields
designed by Norman Nock (pattern in his Tech Tips book)?  We've made one out
of heavy aluminum and discovered that one arm of the bellcrank lever that
operates the carb linkage hits the heat shield before the lever slides all the
way down the stud on the manifold.

We hesitate to bend the lever.  Suggestions, anyone?  (I've emailed David N.
directly, but didn't yet get a response.)

As always, thanks!
Sarah Carr
BN1 in PA