[Healeys] Intermittent OD failiure

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 14:42:15 MDT 2010

> to engage when the dash switch was activated. Usually flicking the switch
> > several times would eventually result in the OD engaging.

My first thought in reading this is that there is some flaky connections in
the electrical circuit and you are getting too much of a voltage drop in the
circuit for the solenoid to operate.  Just because the test light lights,
that does not mean there is enough current for the solenoid to operate.
If I were fault tracing this, I would start doing voltage drop tests to
determine if there is excessive resistance in the overdrive circuit.
if you do a Google search on voltage drop test, you should get instructions
on how to do one.  If you can't find any instructions or they don't make
sense, I will be happy to post how to do this test tonight.
Rick