[Healeys] damper oil again

Richard Kahn tahoehealey at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 21:51:44 MDT 2010

I had indicated my preference for Marvel Mystery oil the other day. I now wish
to emphatically change my opinion. Last weekend we drove to the Napa wine
area which was not real hot as it usually is (only 88 degrees).The drive down
from Tahoe was fine (except the 30 miles of bumper to bumper traffic). On the
way home I got back fire and erratic engine performance at low RPM . When we
arrived home I checked everything and discovered virtually no oil in the dash
tubes . What was there looked like it had water mixed in. Went back to 20-30
wt and everything is fine.

An aside, we visited with Ken, the Healey guy who owns Elkhorn Peak winery. We
had some of the best wines I can remember. Ken in a very interesting guy who
collects everything. Great toys! If you are ever in the area, it is a must
(appointment only) ! The view is awesome from the tasting room and Ken is a
super nice guy.

Richard Kahn