[Healeys] Sticking brakes

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Aug 16 10:01:24 MDT 2010

Could also be a problem with that wheel cylinder--the hydraulics have enough force to push the piston out, but the return springs don't have enough to pull it back in.

Come to think of it, have you pulled the hub to have a look?

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

Listers,

Had an interesting happeniing on a recent drive. It felt like the brakes were sticking and I could also feel it as I slowed just before a stop. I cut my drive short and went home.

Several days later I jacked up the rear and found the left rear would stick solid after applying the brakes. The right rear remained free. The only way I could free it was to remove the wheel to get enough effort on the adjuster to turn it. One click released it fully. Since then several times I have applied the brakes, waited 24 or more hours, and checked again. Still stuck.

I know this symptom could be a sign of the rear flex hose swelling but wouldn't that also cause the right rear to hang up? Any thoughts please?

Keith