[Healeys] Deer me!

robertduquette at sympatico.ca robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 15 08:33:42 MDT 2010

Well, ... without the 'ru ( which requires a $700 fuel pump which won't be
available until Tues.), I took the Healey for a required 200km round trip to
the country.  A nice daytime drive as Lord Lucas intended.  An unusual LBC
sighting in that neck of the woods ( with waves exchanged ) and I eve nran
into a fellow ( local ) Healey Club memebr as I got back to the city.  Nice
drive.  I got to check out the brakes and the horn also, as a young fawn
decided to see if I was paying attention.  The horn works fine and the car
travels in a straight line under lock up.  Other than rubber and hooves
experiencing a bit more wear than they would have under normal conditions, no
damage was done.

I scanned and printed out the schematic from the service manual and have come
to the conclusion that most things on that diagram are electrical in nature.
:)  I have marked it up a bit and figure I have a good idea what I should be
doing.  ( fingers crossed. )

And, if I can do so without drowning, I'm going to head out to the garage and
see if I can adjust that smoke so that it flows through the headlights .. or
at least get 'closer' to a solution.

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
1965 RHD BRG Austin-Healey Sprite ( project )
1967 RHD MG Midget ( aka: Miss Marple )
1955 Austin-Healey 100 BN1 ( aka: Carmen )

http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/2009FallTour.jpg