[Healeys] off by 3/16"

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 13 22:17:59 MDT 2010

Re: Don Day's problem with mounting his throttle linkage back in July.  At
the time, I asked The List if anyone else had one circlip and a spacer as
opposed to two circlips on their throttle shaft.  I stated that Moss shows
the two circlips in their catalog - no spacer.  I wondered if I have an an
odd  ball installation or was there a change in design during production?
Were there other BJ8s out there with spacers in lieu of the second circlip?

For those who, on the outside chance, may be interested in the responses, I
received the following:

Two circlips:    '64, '66, Phase 1, #36666;
One circlip plus spacer:    '67 (plus my '67).

Not very definitive so I will be looking under some late BJ8 hoods - oops!
bonnets - at the next gathering of the clan.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031