[Healeys] Fw: Optima Batteries and fake covers

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Fri Aug 13 14:13:49 MDT 2010

 Jose, et al,

 I have been hoping somebody would do these Optima gel cell batteries into a
 fake 6V Lucas 17L series casing but have not heard of this so far. The
other
 great idea would be to have the second case as a fake empty case where one
 could store items and run the cables across to the second case and thence
 the earth switch to maintain the original appearance. Is somebody doing
 these now?

 I have ordered the 12V Group 27 series reproduction Lucas case with Optima
 batteries inside available from Antique Battery Supply in Ohio  for a
number
 of later 6 cylinder cars and they have worked extremely well. They're the
 best of both worlds, original authentic appearance with modern gel cell
 technology.

 Rich Chrysler